A Taste of Ireland: My take on Mike Barrett The “Lobster man`s”
Did you know that Ireland has it`s own shrimp and that it is available at Midleton Market and all good fish shops in Ireland? I didn`t until this year, when Mike Barrett started selling them at the market. They are fished at Rochespoint Co Cork. Mike also as we head into the winter has started making shrimp rolls at the Midleton Market with them, due to the lesser abundance of Lobster at this time of year. This is a very simple dish but a little tedious I will admit if you are skinning enough shrimp for two people, but its worth it.
- Local Irish Shrimp
- Organic ginger
- Sweet Chilli sauce
- Hennessy brandy
- Brioche buns
- Optional (roasted beetroot & roasted onion)
- Peel enough, fresh from the market, pre-cooked shrimp for two people
- Heat a good big knob of butter in a pan
- Add garlic and ginger
- fry and then add the shrimp, tossing around
- Add some Hennessy brandy
- Flambe the shrimp
- then add some sweet chilli sauce, then add a squeeze of lime.
- Finally add a handful of chopped corriander
- Heat through and serve on Brioche buns
- Add roasted beetroot and roasted onion to the bun (optional, it was leftovers I had and I used them)
- Eat, simples.
Check out the video I made of Mike Barrett where we go fishing for Lobster.
If you like this content and would like to receive regular recipes and videos on good food
please do follow us on twitter @atasteofireland
don’t forget to subscribe.
for more content like this.
All video and photographic content is copyright of Sean Monaghan www.atasteof-ireland.com2016